Finding the Best Natural Pain Relief
If you’re looking for the best pain relief, it’s important to first understand the source of where your pain is coming from. Beyond discomfort, pain can lead to a lot of different issues if left untreated. It affects our overall health, so being able to identify the pain you’re experiencing can help you and your doctor find the right pain solutions and pain treatments.
Understanding Pain & Managing It
Depending on the situation, the common causes of pain usually include injuries, muscle strain, and internal inflammation. There are a variety of natural pain relief options that are available. Although, the best advice we can give is to schedule an appointment with a trusted physician.
All of this information is provided to help you find pain relief and understand the source of your pain. If you are suffering from severe discomfort or a serious condition, we highly recommend seeking professional advice from a licensed doctor. Leaving an injury untreated can be dangerous.
The Different Types of Pain
Generally, there are two main types of pain to keep in mind when looking for the best pain relief option. Neuropathic and nociceptive.
Neuropathic pain is classified as a shooting or burning pain. To put it simply, it can be a result of miscalculated signals between the nerves and the brain. Think of it as a malfunction within the nervous system. Neuropathic pain can also be a result of nerve damage. Other sensations can include tingling and numbness, also known as “pins and needles".
On the other hand, nociceptive pain occurs directly from damage to body tissue. In simple terms, think of this type of pain as your nervous system protecting you from an injury. If you've ever pulled your hand back from a hot surface, this is your body responding with an immediate reflex so you won’t get burned. Nociceptive pain can be caused by bruises, cuts, broken bones, muscle overuse, sprains, and arthritis.
Recognizing which type of pain you’re experiencing is the first step in finding appropriate pain solutions. For effective pain relief, you may need to schedule an exam and visit your local doctor.
When To See a Doctor
Some pain may improve with rest, natural pain relief, or home treatments. But, it is still important to see a doctor for a proper exam. We encourage you to plan an appointment with your physician if you are experiencing the following:
- Your pain has not gone away after 2 or more weeks
- Your pain hinders you from exercising
- Your pain makes it difficult for you to perform normal activities
- Your pain prevents you from sleeping or relaxing
- Your pain is causing you anxiety and stress
- Your pain relief treatments are not working
Read on for some common pain types with recommendations to relieve and manage each.
How To Relieve Back Pain
One common issue everyone may experience throughout their lifetime is back pain. It can be caused by exercise, muscle tension, prolonged slouching, and other spinal-related problems. If you are looking for ways on how to relieve lower back pain and general backaches, here are a few tips that may provide pain relief.
- Research shows that practicing yoga can be a useful treatment for lower back pain relief. Gently stretching your joints may help reduce pain and improve your ability to move. Yoga also helps strengthen flexibility and balance.
Ice & Heat Pads
- Consider incorporating ice and heat pads as a natural joint pain relief option. In some cases, ice can help with swelling and other inflammatory issues. A heating pad on the other hand can be more suitable to help soothe tight muscles and relieve stiffness.
- Being told to fix your posture can be tiresome, but there is some truth to this advice. Practicing good posture can help ease the pressure within your lower back. Try to be more aware of your posture and avoid slouching, as this can cause more pain.
- Natural Medicine
- Searching for the best medicine for back pain? Hyland's Natural Backache Relief can help reduce symptoms. These all natural pain relief tablets are made with active ingredients that gently soothe backaches. This product does not contain acetaminophen, ibuprofen or other NSAIDs, has no known drug interactions or side effects, and can safely complement your prescription medications.
How To Relieve Arthritis Pain
Arthritis is described as the tenderness and swelling of one or more joints. Some symptoms of arthritis can include stiffness and joint pain, which may generally worsen with age. We’ve listed a few arthritis pain relief treatments and arthritis pain relief medications that are safe, simple, and straightforward.
- One of the best pain reliefs for arthritis is exercise. Some research has shown that exercising can improve strength and physical functions for those who suffer from arthritis. Getting enough exercise can also provide joint pain relief by keeping joints flexible and strengthening the muscles in your body.
- Watching what you eat and following a healthy diet may improve symptoms of arthritis. Plant-based foods tend to provide antioxidants that are beneficial to our health. Additionally, there are certain foods, like salmon, spinach, nuts, and garlic, that can help reduce inflammation.
- Natural Medicine
- On the lookout for the best medicine for arthritis pain? Consider Hyland's FLEXmore Arthritis Pain Relief and FLEXMore PM. FLEXMore is created to soothe minor arthritis pain, like swelling, stiffness, joint pain, neck pain, back pain, and muscular cramping. This product does not contain acetaminophen, ibuprofen or other NSAIDs, has no known drug interactions or side effects, and can safely complement your prescription medications.
How To Relieve Muscle Pain
Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that can cause onset muscle pain. Whether it be a busy day at work, a heavy workout session at the gym, or sleeping in an uncomfortable position. If you are not allowing yourself to get enough rest, this soreness can worsen into prolonged pain. To help you find natural muscle pain relief, we’ve provided some recommendations. Take a look at these options for some of the best natural pain relief solutions.
- During a controlled trial, results suggested that drinking tart cherry juice can reduce muscle damage and inflammation. Cherry juice has been known to help with muscle recovery from strenuous exercise. This might be the sweetest pain relief medicine we know of!
- In another controlled trial, studies showed that caffeine ingestion may help reduce muscle soreness. Those who consumed caffeine prior to their workout exhibited reduced fatigue and soreness.
- Not only are massages incredibly relaxing, but they also help relieve muscle soreness and pain. In one study focused on muscle damage, results showed that massages increase muscle fiber regeneration. Treating yourself to a spa day is the perfect natural pain relief you can go for.
- Hyland’s Muscle Therapy Gel with Arnica is equipped with herbal formulas to temporarily relieve symptoms of pain, bruising, and muscle soreness. This pain relief gel has no parabens, petrolatum, artificial fragrances, or dyes.
- Hyland's Natural Arnica Tablets is another muscle pain relief alternative that speeds the recovery from injuries. These natural tablets can also be taken before activity to reduce pain later.
How To Relieve Headaches & Migraines
For a lot of us, headaches and migraines occur frequently and perhaps even daily. It's a common occurrence that can make our day-to-day activities difficult to accomplish. Here are a few solutions on how to relieve a migraine. Explore these natural headache relief alternatives and discover which one works best for you.
- Water can actually be the best headache relief solution. Sometimes, we are simply just not hydrating enough. Our bodies need water to thrive, and if we don’t drink enough of it, we can become easily exhausted. To avoid headaches and migraines, make sure you’re consuming enough water throughout the day. We should be drinking anywhere from 11 to 16 cups of water daily.
- Are you getting enough sleep? Studies have shown that not getting an adequate amount of sleep leads to frequent and severe headaches. We encourage you to be mindful and make sure you’re getting the rest you and your body needs.
- Magnesium is an important mineral that regulates blood sugar and energy creation. According to a study, taking magnesium citrate supplements can reduce the severity and frequency of migraines and headaches. On top of headache relief, magnesium holds a lot of beneficial properties that can improve overall health.
- Hyland's Migraine Relief and Natural Headache Relief medicine are formulated with active ingredients to temporarily relieve symptoms of migraine headaches. These natural tablets can soothe throbbing headaches, pounding pains, dull headaches, frontal headaches, dizziness, light and noise sensitivity, blurred vision, and nausea.
All of our recommended pain relief advice are suggestions that may help improve your life. It's very important to seek professional help from a licensed doctor for serious conditions and illnesses. If you are unsure of how to treat your pain, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with a physician.